Equipment for the Horse & Rider
- Mallet - Made of bamboo cane with a hardwood head. The head is beveled on one end to allow for a full swing flush to the ground. The mallet shaft is highly flexible and can make a complete arc under the pony's neck or tail when swung hard. Mallets come in different lengths from 48" to 54" to accommodate a players' swing and size of pony.
- Polo Breeches - Regulation white - double sheared is traditional and functional for polo.
- Polo Saddle - Leather construction with stirrups. Differs from a jumping saddle which has extra pads, and from a western saddle's horn mount.
- Polo Pony - May be a Thoroughbred or part Quarterhorse. Many come from Argentina. Selected for their agility, speed, endurance and intelligence.
- Braided Tail - Allows less interference with swinging mallets.
- Knee Pads - Provide players knee protection from bumps and balls.
- Riding Boots - Provide additional protection for the player's lower leg.
- Bandages - Protective wraps used for support.
- Helmet - Hard surface, lined and strapped. The helmet provides its wearer maximum protection against spills and swinging mallets.
- Polo Player - Players are rated from -2 to 10 goals. Minus 2 is a beginner and ten goals is the best in the world.
- Clipped Mane - Eliminates interference of a pony's mane with the player's rein hand.
- Draw Reins - Pulley design from head to girth allows the player more control in steering the pony.
- Polo Martingale - Used to inhibit the horse's head from raising up and hitting the rider.
- Polo Whip - Used from time to time in long runs down field.
- Breast Plate - Secures the saddle forward.
*No pets, no glass and no refunds.